The scene: it is a rainy Wednesday morning and I am chatting on Gmail and checking to see who has updated their profile information on Facebook (so in other words, doing no work at all). Ermatrude the 1000 year old secretary pops her head into my cubicle.ERMATRUDE: Do you know what?
ME: Ummm...no. What?
ERM: Kroger's has this really yummy peach yogurt, and it now comes in LARGE CONTAINERS!
ME: Wow...that is awesome..yogurt is SO great...yum... [I try to feign excitement and scootch back in my swivel chair, because Erm is slowly getting closer and closer and I just can't tear my eyes away from her teeth]
ERM: You know I have such a sweet tooth [she nods as if I do, in fact, know about her sweet tooth] so for dessert last night I had...[she builds suspense]...peach yogurt with blueberries in it! It was delicious!!
ME: Oh cool, that sounds greaaaat.
ERM: Yeah!!
This is followed by a maniacal, Brittany Murphy-esque laugh, then Erm turns on her heel and leaves me alone in my cubicle once more. I don't know if it is just the power of suggestion, but I feel like a cloud of peach yogurt-scented air is hanging where she stood.


No comments:
Post a Comment